Saturday, July 6, 2013

The Color of Time



The Color of Time
by Barbara Eccleston

This painting uses color to portray the importance of my daily time with the Lord. The yellow is me as I come away from a face-to-Face encounter with the Almighty; just like Moses, my face is glowing!  I move through my day and I do things that are priestly and purple. I do and think things that are heavenly blue. The more time that passes, the more the green earthly things begin to creep in. Before long, bitterness, envy, strife, and other orange uglies are present. Then bam! Blatant red sins intrude from every angle.

I’ve not moved to a place away from God’s presence, for no such place exists. However, I have moved to a place where I’ve become unconscious of His presence, where my sinful thoughts and behavior speak of my forgetfulness and Satan’s powerful deception. The only solution is to return to the Source, to once again meet with my Lord Jesus, one-to-One, basking in the light of His love, and letting His glow overtake me once more.



No comments:

Post a Comment