Monday, August 19, 2013

Mulligan Mondays

In friendly games of golf, sometimes a Mulligan or a do-over shot is allowed when you’ve hit a really poor shot. In a similar way, I see every Monday as a Mulligan, an opportunity from the Lord to just start fresh. Put the ball back up on the tee and swing away – but hopefully with more clarity, focus, and accuracy!

I am blessed to attend a church where we observe the Lord’s Supper every Sunday morning. As the elements are taken, I’m reminded to reflect over the past week, every week, confess my sins and get back on course. I’m so grateful my Lord Jesus allows for Mulligan Mondays, and Tuesdays, and . . . .!

I John 1:9 “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”


2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is uncanny! It's Mulligan Monday, and Golf Monday in blogland!

    There are so many great life lessons in golf. I just wish I liked the game more. My Dad would actually watch it on TV when we were growing up. Excruciating!!

    Love the idea of Mulligan Mondays. Our God is a great God!
    So glad to know you :)
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ceil, I was actually thinking about Try-again Tuesdays and Work-on-it Wednesdays, etc. I am so thankful our Lord does not ever give up on us!

      --Barbara

      Delete