Saturday, August 10, 2013

Neglecting the Harvest

It’s summertime and my zucchini and tomato plants are going nuts; the harvest is plentiful! I have more than I can eat and I’m busy passing produce along to my family and neighbors.

Today this has reminded me of harvesting men’s souls. Proverbs 10:5 says, “He who gathers in summer is a son who acts wisely, but he who sleeps in harvest is a son who acts shamefully.”

The harvest is now, it’s been going on since the Day of Pentecost described in Acts 2. As Christians, we need to wake-up and be busy about our Father’s business.

It would be shameful of me to let the produce rot on the vines, neglecting the opportunity to share what I have with others. Even more so, I shouldn’t neglect sharing my most valuable possession: the Gospel of Jesus Christ.


No comments:

Post a Comment